1. We recognize the importance of science and technology based innovation that has a direct effect on building regional and national sustainable economic growth. We therefore will encourage and support the establishment of Daejeon Global Innovation Forum aiming to promote building innovation ecosystem based on the strong collaboration among governments, universities, research institutes and industries in the regions and countries.
2. We recognize that the objectives of the Daejeon Global Innovation Forum are to provide an occasion for practical and open exchanges of experiences, knowledge and ideas of open innovation that can enhance science and technology capabilities, and to discover strategic innovation policies which are appropriate for each nation's developmental stages.
3. We agree that as the host city of Daejeon global innovation Forum, Daejeon Metropolitan City cooperates to form and manage the steering committee of Daejeon Global Innovation Forum which is consisted of international advisory committee, secretariat, organizing committee and subcommittee.
4. We affirm the essential responsibility and central role of WTA in organizing and operating the steering committee to design and run the Daejeon Global Innovation Forum holding biannually in every even year in close cooperation of Daejeon Metropolitan City and UNESCO. We agree that WTA Secretariat will take the role of Secretariat of the Forum.
5. We affirm that UNESCO designate the Daejeon Global Innovation Forum as the official international conference under the name of UNESCO, and promote its vision and objectives with its member nations.
6. We insist that the Organizing Committee should establish a clearinghouse for and database of organizational forms that boost innovation with conducting case studies of local innovation projects.
7. We agree that the Daejeon Global Innovation Forum should be an inclusive forum for dialog and information sharing among innovators and policy makers in different fields especially form industry and economic fields.
8. We insist the importance of providing permanent interactive environment to make innovation actors in different fileds to keep discussing on the issues of innovation between the forums.
9. We agree to establish UNESCO-WTA Awards of Innovation selecting innovation leaders in science and technology fields in cooperation with international organizations.