1. We agreed that we have to move from an era in which the benefits of innovation were centralized in certain countries or regions, to the era in which innovations are shared maximizing the synergy and generating new value.
2. We discussed on the importance of establishing the innovation platform to share the benefits of innovation securing the effective mechanism of cooperation of universities, research institutes, and industries on the international context.
3. We agreed that this kind of innovation platform could contribute to spread the science and technology based innovation culture, narrow the gap between developed and developing countries and promote the active cooperation among innovation actors.
4. We agreed that the UNESCO-WTA join efforts in supporting the development of science parks and technology business incubators, including providing technical assistance and organizing capacity building activities to promote the regional innovation capability and share the achievements.
5. We recognized that new model is necessary for reinforcing the regional innovation platform by developing the regional capacity on science, technology and innovation.
6. We also recognized that we need to generate and share the innovation benefits in appropriate way in the region, and to achieve the sustainable regional development.
7. We fully support and will actively cooperate in the establishment of Center for Creative Economy and Innovation in WTA members as the innovation platform which can promote effective cooperation and collaboration among different innovation stakeholders, and support the creative economy and innovation ecosystem.